Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Im bringing Katie Back" you know your singing the JT song..

Here we go, or here I go.  Today I decided to stop complaining of being fat, not being the Katie I once knew, tired and just miserable.  I think it took me walking into Old Navy today and instead of purchasing a cute pair of white shorts that I desperately wanted (and obviously could not fit in) I purchased a half price sale set of workout clothes.  Instead of buying a bigger size pair of pants,which would of looked stupid on me in my size anyway, I realized i needed the workout pants so i could go back and buy the cute size I wanted. 

Now don't be offended, I am happy being my size (which I will reveal), I love people of all sizes and I think everyone is beautiful.. but this isn't just about looks, its about self esteem, my health and my children.  I want to feel good, when you feel good, you strut your stuff like Megan Fox.. but when you feel bad about yourself.. or in my situation, I eat.  I want to be healthy, have energy to play whenever my kids want to play and of course.. be super smoking hot for my husband (don't lie, you know you want to too). 

But kidding aside.. I need this.  I don't feel like the same person i was last year which was 50lbs lighter.  In one year, I have had so much stress, which causes depression which in my situation causes eating.  I also am a non stop photographer who literally NEVER has time to cook and eats out all the time!  That means my family is being affected by this robot fat Katie (this is what we will call the 2.0 version I am right now) by them also eating unhealthy foods and not getting enough play time as they need with me outside. 

SO... for the next 90 days, I will TRY (please understand I suck at doing anything on time) to blog daily with photographs to show progress, my weight management plan on dieting and working out.. and also my daily thoughts of how life is in general.  I'm happy with who I am today, I just want to be way cooler..

Feel free to keep up with me, add recipes and any of your encouragement.. cause this sister needs help!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Katie! I am with ya... I know I need to make changes, too. There are so many reasons that I need to and I even wrote down 50 good reasons for why losing weight is a good idea. I know myself enough to know that I really suck at commitment and diving into a diet headfirst. I have been trying to make slow changes like eliminating sodas and then focusing on making one meal a week healthier. Then two meals a week healthy and so on. I haven't had the courage to get in the scales, yet but it feels good in and if itself making baby steps in the right direction. :-)
    Good luck, Katie....and for what it's worth, you are gorgeous just the way you are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie, this is great! i can't wait to follow along with you and i hope that this will encourage me to get in shape as well. good luck, you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete